Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Toxic Sky Flash

Some more drug prose 4 the books :-)

Toxic sky flash (Composed June 2010)

Love at the speed of light, i fashion a meth lolly from a light-bulb and obsessively siphon a miniscule portion of the crystalline flakes into the glass, super heated by my cheap lighter into a sizzling liquid, the thick chemical smoke inhaled though two sets of lungs.

Love is a funny thing, I often think about whether a male dog has any feeling for his offspring. Or whether love isn’t just a biological imperative? Why do these drugs make me feel alive while they kill me?

The Ocean looks different tonight. No longer an abysmal swamp of stolen dreams, but rather a teaming energy field of limitless potential. I want to dive into it and frolick along its joyful edges. But the drugs are sure to run out soon enough and gloomy clouds of a thousand wasted Mondays can be seen not to far off the halcyon horizon.

What delights we share but all alone are we in our misery, despite its need for company. A season passes and there again I sit on the same beach, this time alone dreading the approaching night. My cupboard awaits, where I will spend the winter, cowering over a candle, trying to relive the joys of some an illusory past.

No comments:

Post a Comment